The Assistant Manager supervises restaurant staff and daily operations to ensure that food safety, product preparation, cleanliness and inventory control standards are maintained. Schedules and supervises staff. Maintains standards of restaurant safety and security. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
• Crew member performs all tasks and responsibilities of a Sandwich Artist® and Shift Manager as outlined in the Sandwich Artist® job description and in the Shift Manager job description.
• As needed, supervises food preparation to ensure that food safety and operations standards are maintained.
• Coordinates and supervises staff so that standards of cleanliness are maintained as outlined in the Subway® Operations Manual: Daily Procedures.
• Manages a staff of approximately 5 to 12. Assigns, oversees and evaluates work. Recommends promotion, transfer, or termination of team members. May conduct written and verbal staff evaluations.
• Performs paperwork duties and assists with product orders and inventory as needed.
• Assists with planning of special events and promotions.
• Completes University of Subway® courses as directed.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Experience in restaurant operations, preferably with supervisory experience.
Must provide proof upon hire of legal status to work in the United States
Must be at least 18 years old
This is a customer contact positon! must be able to communicate, read and write the English language
Shift times vary as per restaurant schedule
Arrive on time for scheduled shift
Must have reliable transportation to and from work
Must be willing to commute to Forest Park, Georgia 30297 or Morrow, Georgia 30260
Must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment
Preform tasks at a pace that can keep up with the demands of the business
Customer service skills and the ability to interact with customers and co-workers on a consistent basis
Maintain personal hygiene standards and follows the SUBWAY uniform policy
Maintain adherence to quality control standards
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Bending, reaching, carrying and stooping
Ability to stand and walk for entire work shift
Use of cleaning chemicals such as Dish Soap, Food Grade Sanitizer, Degreaser, Window Cleaner, Restroom Cleaner.
The position’s physical demands require work in a restaurant/kitchen environment with moderate to loud noise levels, varying temperature conditions. While performing the duties of the job, the Sandwich Artist is regularly required to react quickly to deadlines, sometimes with little notice. The Sandwich Artist is often required to stand for long periods; standing, walking, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting, all generally involving moderate muscular strain in addition to seeing, hearing, and talking. Safely using all store food preparation equipment for long periods with the required application of eye, hand and finger dexterity. Must be able to lift and carry up to at least fifty (50) pounds unassisted. Periodic local travel required in normal course of job performance. May be required to use a stepladder. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Free Meal While on Scheduled Shift
No fryers, hot griddles, or playgrounds to clean
There is opportunity for advancement, if that is your goal. We always need store managers and would love someone who wants to grow with us!
18+ years old
Full Time/Part Time and Day Shift/Afternoon Shift/Weekend Shift positions vary by location.
**NOTE** Openers will be scheduled up to 1 hour before opening time to prepare for the day. Closers will be scheduled up to 1 hour after closing time to clean the restaurant.
SUBWAY is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.